2004 Florida Statutes
(1) "Wastewater facility privatization contract" means a written agreement, or one or more related written agreements, between a private firm and one or more public entities, which provides for the operation, maintenance, repair, management and administration, or any combination thereof, of a wastewater facility for a term of more than 5 years, but not more than 40 years in duration, and which may also provide for the planning, design, construction, improvement, acquisition, financing, ownership, sale and leasing, or any combination thereof, of the wastewater facility.
(2) "Interlocal agreement" means an agreement entered into pursuant to s. 163.01 by two or more public entities in respect to a wastewater facility privatization contract.
(3) "Public entity" means any political subdivision of this state which is authorized to provide wastewater service, including, but not limited to, county, city, metropolitan or consolidated government, special district, and community development district.
(4) "Private firm" means any privately or publicly held business entity qualified to do business in Florida having the financial capacity and technical, administrative, and regulatory experience and expertise necessary to enable it to carry out the obligations specified in a wastewater facility privatization contract.
(5) "Wastewater facility" means any equipment, building, or other property used or useful in connection with the provision of a wastewater service to the public, including such interests in land as are necessary or convenient to permit a private firm to perform a contract in respect thereto.
History.--s. 2, ch. 96-202.