The Senate will convene on Wednesday, April 21, 2021, at 10:00 a.m., or upon the call of the President.
2021 Legislative Session
The 2021 Legislative Session convened on Tuesday, March 2, 2021 and is scheduled to conclude on Friday, April 30, 2021.
Improving Florida’s Unemployment System
The Senate passed SB 50 by Senator Gruters to prevent unexpected tax hikes on Florida businesses and replenish Florida’s Unemployment Compensation Trust Fund. SB1906 by Senator Brodeur and Senator Stewart would increase the weekly unemployment benefit from $275 to $375.
- Legislation to Prevent Unexpected Tax Hikes on Businesses, Replenish Unemployment Compensation Trust Fund Signed Into Law April 20, 2021 - Press Release by President's Office
- 2021 Legislative Update (pdf) April 19, 2021 - Publication by Senator Taddeo
- Boyd's Eye View - April 16, 2021 (pdf) April 19, 2021 - Publication by Senator Boyd
- The Berman Buzz: Legislative Session Week Seven (pdf) April 19, 2021 - Publication by Senator Berman
- Senate District 39 Newsletter - Ana Maria Rodriguez (pdf) April 19, 2021 - Publication by Senator Rodriguez
- "Gail's Law" To Create Sexual Assault Kit Tracking System Clears Final Senate Committee April 19, 2021 - Press Release by Senator Stewart
- Senate Passes Legislation to Repeal Florida’s Motor Vehicle No-Fault Law April 14, 2021 - Press Release by President's Office
- Legislation to Expand Barber Services Passes the House and Senate April 14, 2021 - Press Release by Senator Stewart