2004 Florida Statutes
State allocation pool.
(1) The state allocation pool shall, at all times, first be available to provide allocations for those portions of a bond requiring an allocation under s. 146(m) of the Code.
(2) Except as provided in subsection (1), prior to June 1 of each year, the state allocation pool shall be available solely to provide written confirmations for private activity bonds to finance priority projects except manufacturing facilities. To obtain a written allocation for private activity bonds to finance a priority project from the state allocation pool prior to June 1 of each year, the notice of intent to issue must be filed with the division no later than May 1. If the total amount requested in notices of intent to issue for priority projects does not exceed the total amount of the state allocation pool, the director shall issue written confirmation for each notice of intent to issue by May 15. If the total amount requested in notices of intent to issue private activity bonds for priority projects exceeds the total amount of the state allocation pool, the director shall forward all timely notices of intent to issue received by the division for those projects to the Governor who shall render a decision by June 1 as to which notices of intent to issue are to receive written confirmations. If additional portions of the state volume limitation of private activity bonds permitted to be issued in the state are subsequently placed into the state allocation pool, the remainder of the timely notices of intent to issue for priority projects shall be provided written confirmations in the order established by the Governor prior to any other notices of intent to issue filed with the division.
(3) After November 16 of each year, all written confirmations for issues of private activity bonds by agencies in a region or for manufacturing facility projects must be issued based on available portions of the state allocation pool.
(4)(a) The state allocation pool shall also be used to provide written confirmations for private activity bonds that are to be issued by state agencies, which bonds, notwithstanding any other provisions of this part, shall receive priority in the use of the pool available at the time the notice of intent to issue such bonds is filed with the division.
(b) This subsection does not apply to the Florida Housing Finance Corporation:
1. Until its allocation pursuant to s. 159.804(3) has been exhausted, is unavailable, or is inadequate to provide an allocation pursuant to s. 159.804(3) and any carryforwards of volume limitation from prior years for the same carryforward purpose, as that term is defined in s. 146 of the Code, as the bonds it intends to issue have been completely utilized or have expired.
2. Prior to July 1 of any year, when housing bonds for which the Florida Housing Finance Corporation has made an assignment of its allocation permitted by s. 159.804(3)(c) have not been issued.
History.--s. 1, ch. 85-282; s. 6, ch. 87-222; s. 5, ch. 92-127; s. 1, ch. 92-301; s. 9, ch. 95-416; s. 24, ch. 2000-151; s. 5, ch. 2000-353.