2004 Florida Statutes
Taxation and Budget Reform Commission; powers.
(1) The Taxation and Budget Reform Commission appointed pursuant to s. 6, Art. XI of the State Constitution, is authorized to employ personnel and to incur expenses related to the official operation of the commission or its committees, and to expend funds appropriated to the commission for carrying out its official duties. Commission members and staff are entitled to per diem and reimbursement of travel expenses incurred in carrying out their duties, as provided in s. 112.061
(2) All state and regional agencies and governments are authorized and directed to assist, in any manner necessary, the Taxation and Budget Reform Commission upon its request.
(3) All local governments are authorized to assist the Taxation and Budget Reform Commission in any manner necessary. Municipal and county governments are encouraged to cooperate with the commission, examine their taxation and budgetary policies, and submit recommendations to the commission in the form and manner prescribed by the commission.
(4) Each Taxation and Budget Reform Commission established pursuant to s. 6, Art. XI of the State Constitution and this section may not act or operate later than June 30 of the third year following the year in which the commission is required to be established.
(5) The Taxation and Budget Reform Commission is assigned, for administrative purposes, to the 1Board of Regents. The 1Board of Regents is directed to expedite, where possible, the business of the commission consistent with prudent financial and management practices.
(6) The Legislative Auditing Committee may at any time, without regard to whether the Legislature is then in session or out of session, take under consideration any matter within the scope of the duties of the Taxation and Budget Reform Commission, and in connection therewith may exercise the powers of subpoena by law vested in a standing committee of the Legislature.
History.--s. 12, ch. 90-203.
1Note.--Abolished by s. 3, ch. 2001-170.