2004 Florida Statutes
State attorneys' offices and prosecution expenses.
29.005 State attorneys' offices and prosecution expenses.--For purposes of implementing s. 14, Art. V of the State Constitution, the elements of the state attorneys' offices to be provided from state revenues appropriated by general law are as follows:
(1) The state attorney of each judicial circuit and assistant state attorneys and other staff as determined by general law.
(2) Reasonable court reporting and transcription services necessary to meet constitutional or statutory requirements, including the cost of transcribing and copying depositions of witnesses and the cost of foreign language and sign-language interpreters and translators.
(3) Witnesses, including expert witnesses, summoned to appear for an investigation, preliminary hearing, or trial in a case when the witnesses are summoned by a state attorney, and any other expert witnesses required in a court hearing by law or whomever the state attorney deems necessary for the performance of his or her duties.
(4) Mental health professionals appointed pursuant to s. 394.473 and required in a court hearing involving an indigent, and mental health professionals appointed pursuant to s. 916.115(2) and required in a court hearing involving an indigent.
(5) Reasonable transportation services in the performance of constitutional and statutory responsibilities. Motor vehicles owned by the counties and provided exclusively to state attorneys as of July 1, 2003, and any additional vehicles owned by the counties and provided exclusively to state attorneys during fiscal year 2003-2004 shall be transferred by title to the state effective July 1, 2004.
(6) Travel expenses reimbursable under s. 112.061 reasonably necessary in the performance of constitutional and statutory responsibilities.
(7) Reasonable library and electronic legal research services, other than a public law library.
(8) Reasonable pretrial consultation fees and costs.
History.--s. 5, ch. 2000-237; s. 41, ch. 2003-402; s. 26, ch. 2004-265.