2004 Florida Statutes
Approval of licensing agency.
(1) Within 30 days after the promulgation of state minimum standards, each county shall provide the department with a copy of its standards if they differ from the state minimum standards. At the same time, each county shall provide the department with the administrative procedures it intends to use for the licensing of child care facilities.
(2) The department shall have the authority to determine if local standards meet or exceed state minimum standards. Within 60 days after the county has submitted its standards and procedures, the department, upon being satisfied that such standards meet or exceed state minimum standards and that there is compliance with all provisions of ss. 402.301-402.319, shall approve the local licensing agency.
(3) Approval to issue licenses for the department shall be renewed annually. For renewal, the local licensing agency shall submit to the department a copy of the licensing standards and procedures applied. An onsite review may be made if deemed necessary by the department.
(4) If, following an onsite review, the department finds the local licensing agency is not applying the approved standards, the department shall report the specific violations to the county commission of the involved county which shall investigate the violations and take whatever action necessary to correct them.
(5) To ensure that accurate statistical data are available, each local licensing agency shall report annually to the department the number of child care facilities under its jurisdiction, the number of children served, the ages of children served, and the number of revocations or denials of licenses.
History.--s. 7, ch. 74-113; s. 3, ch. 76-168; s. 1, ch. 77-457; ss. 2, 3, ch. 81-318; ss. 6, 7, ch. 83-248; s. 6, ch. 84-551; ss. 1, 2, ch. 93-115.