2004 Florida Statutes
Prohibited acts of farm labor contractor.
(1) Make any misrepresentation or false statement in his or her application for a certificate of registration.
(2) Make or cause to be made to any person any false, fraudulent, or misleading representation or publish or circulate or cause to be published or circulated any false, fraudulent, or misleading information concerning the terms, conditions, or existence of employment at any place or places, by any person or persons, or of any individual or individuals.
(3) Make any charge or deduction from wages for any tools, equipment, transportation, or recruiting fees that are for the benefit of the employer unless in compliance with the federal Fair Labor Standards Act.
(4) Retaliate against any person that has filed a complaint or aided an investigation pursuant to this part.
(5) Contract with or employ any person acting in the capacity of a farm labor contractor, or performing activities defined in s. 450.28(1), when that person does not have a current certificate of registration issued by the department pursuant to the requirements of this part.
History.--s. 8, ch. 71-234; s. 1, ch. 77-25; ss. 2, 3, ch. 87-551; s. 30, ch. 92-173; s. 177, ch. 97-103; s. 1, ch. 2002-161; s. 16, ch. 2004-64.
1Note.--Section 1, ch. 77-25, provides that this section is repealed when an agreement is made as permitted in ss. 2-4, ch. 77-25; ss. 2-4, ch. 77-25, were amended by s. 1, ch. 85-243.