2004 Florida Statutes
Articles of organization.
(1) In order to form a limited liability company, articles of organization of a limited liability company shall be executed and filed with the Department of State by one or more members or authorized representatives of the limited liability company. The articles of organization shall set forth:
(a) The name of the limited liability company.
(b) The mailing address and the street address of the principal office of the limited liability company.
(c) The name and street address of its initial registered agent for service of process in the state. The articles of organization shall include or be accompanied by the written statement required by s. 608.415
(d) Any other matters that the members elect to include in the articles of organization.
(2) A limited liability company is formed at the time described in s. 608.409 if the person filing the articles of organization has substantially complied with the requirements of this section.
(3) The articles of organization shall be executed by at least one member or the authorized representative of a member.
(4) If the limited liability company is to be managed by one or more managers, the articles of organization may, but need not, include a statement that the limited liability company is to be a manager-managed company.
(5) The fact that articles of organization are on file with the Department of State is notice that the entity formed in connection with the filing of the articles of organization is a limited liability company formed under the laws of this state and is notice of all other facts set forth in the articles of organization.
History.--s. 2, ch. 82-177; s. 55, ch. 83-216; s. 11, ch. 93-284; s. 48, ch. 97-102; ss. 3, 13, ch. 98-101; s. 1, ch. 99-315; s. 4, ch. 2002-272.