2004 Florida Statutes
Correcting the articles of organization filed of record.
(1) A limited liability company or foreign limited liability company may correct the articles of organization filed of record with the Department of State within 30 business days after filing if the record contains a false or erroneous statement or was defectively signed.
(2) The articles of organization filed of record are corrected:
(a) By preparing articles of correction that:
1. Describe the articles of organization filed of record, including their filing date, or attach a copy of the articles of organization to the articles of correction.
2. Specify the incorrect statement and the reason the statement is incorrect or the manner in which the signing was defective.
3. Correct the incorrect statement or defective signing.
(b) By delivering the articles of correction to the Department of State for filing.
(3) The articles of correction are effective retroactively to the effective date of the articles of organization they correct except as to persons relying on the uncorrected articles of organization and adversely affected by the correction. As to those persons, the articles of correction are effective when filed.
History.--s. 1, ch. 99-315.