- Florida Statutes Definitions Index (2022) [PDF]
- General Laws Conversion Table (2022) [PDF]
- Preface to the Florida Statutes (2022) [PDF]
- Table of Section Changes (2022) [PDF]
- Table Tracing Session Laws to Florida Statutes (2022) [PDF]
- Index to Special and Local Laws (1971-2022) [PDF]
- Index to Special and Local Laws (1845-1970) [PDF]
- Statute Search Tips
2004 Florida Statutes
Testing and destruction of seized substances.
893.105 Testing and destruction of seized substances.--
(1) Any controlled substance or listed chemical seized as evidence may be sample tested and weighed by the seizing agency after the seizure. Any such sample and the analysis thereof shall be admissible into evidence in any civil or criminal action for the purpose of proving the nature, composition, and weight of the substance seized. In addition, the seizing agency may photograph or videotape, for use at trial, the controlled substance or listed chemical seized.
(2) Controlled substances or listed chemicals that are not retained for sample testing as provided in subsection (1) may be destroyed pursuant to a court order issued in accordance with s. 893.12
History.--s. 1, ch. 82-88; s. 3, ch. 91-279.