2005 Florida Statutes
General powers and duties of the governing board.
373.083 General powers and duties of the governing board.--In addition to other powers and duties allowed it by law, the governing board is authorized to:
(1) Contract with public agencies, private corporations, or other persons; sue and be sued; and appoint and remove agents and employees, including specialists and consultants.
(2) Issue orders to implement or enforce any of the provisions of this chapter or regulations thereunder.
(3) Make surveys and investigations of the water supply and resources of the district and cooperate with other governmental agencies in similar activities.
(4) Solicit and accept donations or grants of funds or services from both public and private sources for the planning and implementation of district undertakings and delegations, including, but not limited to, projects, programs, works, and studies.
(5) Execute any of the powers, duties, and functions vested in the governing board through a member or members thereof, the executive director, or other district staff as designated by the governing board. The governing board may establish the scope and terms of any delegation. However, if the governing board delegates the authority to take final action on permit applications under part II or part IV, or petitions for variances or waivers of permitting requirements under part II or part IV, the governing board shall provide a process for referring any denial of such application or petition to the governing board to take final action. The authority in this subsection is supplemental to any other provision of this chapter granting authority to the governing board to delegate specific powers, duties, or functions.
History.--s. 16, part I, ch. 72-299; s. 1, ch. 82-46; s. 25, ch. 88-242; ss. 1, 2, ch. 89-279; ss. 11, 12, ch. 90-217; s. 1, ch. 97-70; s. 1, ch. 2000-133; s. 2, ch. 2001-256.