2005 Florida Statutes
Fuller's earth clay; notice of intent to mine required.
378.701 Fuller's earth clay; notice of intent to mine required.--
(1) No fuller's earth clay operator may begin the process of resource extraction at a new mine without notifying the secretary of the intention to mine.
(2) The operator's notice of intent to mine shall include, but not be limited to:
(a) Such maps and other supporting documents as may be reasonably required by the department.
(b) The operator's time schedule that assures that the reclamation process is achieved in a timely manner.
(c) The operator's estimated life of the mine.
(d) The operator's conceptual reclamation plan.
(3) The department shall develop by rule the required data, forms, and other information for the notice of intent to mine. The rule shall clearly state what data, forms, and other information are required and the reasons why such data, forms, and other information are required.
(4) The secretary shall notify the operator as to the sufficiency of the notice of intent to mine. The review of such notice shall be accomplished in accordance with the provisions of s. 378.405
(5) The secretary shall approve, modify, or reject the operator's conceptual reclamation plan.
History.--s. 1, ch. 86-294; s. 336, ch. 94-356.