2005 Florida Statutes
Other resources reclamation performance standards.
378.803 Other resources reclamation performance standards.--
(1) Reclamation shall achieve the stormwater, drainage, wetlands, and other surface and groundwater requirements of the Department of Environmental Protection and the appropriate water management district.
(2) The final slopes shall be at such an angle as to minimize the possibility of slides and shall not exceed the natural angle of repose of the material being mined.
(3) Provisions for safety to persons, wildlife, and adjoining property must be provided.
(4) Any overburden and spoil shall be left in a configuration which is in accordance with accepted soil conservation practices and which is suitable for the proposed future use of the land.
(5) Reclamation shall be designed to avoid the collection of water in pools which are, or are likely to become, noxious, odious, or foul.
(6) All reclamation activities shall, to the extent possible, be coordinated with resource extraction and in any event shall be initiated at the earliest practicable time.
(7) Reclamation activities shall be consistent with all applicable local government ordinances at least as stringent as the criteria and standards contained in this section.
History.--s. 1, ch. 86-294; s. 339, ch. 94-356.