- Florida Statutes Definitions Index (2022) [PDF]
- General Laws Conversion Table (2022) [PDF]
- Preface to the Florida Statutes (2022) [PDF]
- Table of Section Changes (2022) [PDF]
- Table Tracing Session Laws to Florida Statutes (2022) [PDF]
- Index to Special and Local Laws (1971-2022) [PDF]
- Index to Special and Local Laws (1845-1970) [PDF]
- Statute Search Tips
2005 Florida Statutes
Denial, suspension, or revocation of a license, registration, certificate, or application.
408.831 Denial, suspension, or revocation of a license, registration, certificate, or application.--
(1) In addition to any other remedies provided by law, the agency may deny each application or suspend or revoke each license, registration, or certificate of entities regulated or licensed by it:
(a) If the applicant, licensee, registrant, or certificateholder, or, in the case of a corporation, partnership, or other business entity, if any officer, director, agent, or managing employee of that business entity or any affiliated person, partner, or shareholder having an ownership interest equal to 5 percent or greater in that business entity, has failed to pay all outstanding fines, liens, or overpayments assessed by final order of the agency or final order of the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services, not subject to further appeal, unless a repayment plan is approved by the agency; or
(b) For failure to comply with any repayment plan.
(2) In reviewing any application requesting a change of ownership or change of the licensee, registrant, or certificateholder, the transferor shall, prior to agency approval of the change, repay or make arrangements to repay any amounts owed to the agency. Should the transferor fail to repay or make arrangements to repay the amounts owed to the agency, the issuance of a license, registration, or certificate to the transferee shall be delayed until repayment or until arrangements for repayment are made.
(3) This section provides standards of enforcement applicable to all entities licensed or regulated by the Agency for Health Care Administration. This section controls over any conflicting provisions of chapters 39, 381, 383, 390, 391, 393, 394, 395, 400, 408, 468, 483, and 641 or rules adopted pursuant to those chapters.
History.--s. 12, ch. 2002-400; s. 32, ch. 2003-57.