2005 Florida Statutes
Electrical Contractors' Licensing Board.
489.507 Electrical Contractors' Licensing Board.--
(1) There is created in the department the Electrical Contractors' Licensing Board. The board shall consist of 11 members, 7 of whom shall be certified electrical contractors, 2 of whom shall be consumer members who are not, and have never been, electrical contractors or members of any closely related profession or occupation, and 2 of whom shall be certified alarm system contractors I. Members shall be appointed for 4-year terms.
(2) To be eligible to serve, each contractor member must have been certified by the board to operate as a contractor in the category with respect to which the member is appointed, be actively engaged in the construction business, and have been so engaged for a period of not less than 5 consecutive years before the date of appointment. Each appointee must be a citizen and resident of the state.
(4) It is the intent of the Legislature that the board promulgate no rules and take no action to require that applicants for certification as alarm system contractors serve any type of apprenticeship before being allowed to sit for the certification examination.
(5) Any proposed board rule which has not been modified to remove proposed committee objections of the Administrative Procedures Committee must receive approval from the department prior to filing the rule with the Department of State for final adoption. The department may repeal any rule enacted by the board which has taken effect without having met proposed committee objections of the Administrative Procedures Committee.
(6) The Electrical Contractors' Licensing Board and the Construction Industry Licensing Board shall each appoint a committee to meet jointly at least twice a year.
History.--ss. 3, 17, ch. 79-272; ss. 2, 3, ch. 81-318; ss. 4, 14, ch. 87-254; ss. 3, 21, 22, ch. 88-149; s. 38, ch. 89-374; s. 43, ch. 91-137; s. 4, ch. 91-429; s. 158, ch. 92-149; s. 188, ch. 94-218; s. 161, ch. 98-200; s. 37, ch. 98-419; s. 38, ch. 2000-372.