- Florida Statutes Definitions Index (2022) [PDF]
- General Laws Conversion Table (2022) [PDF]
- Preface to the Florida Statutes (2022) [PDF]
- Table of Section Changes (2022) [PDF]
- Table Tracing Session Laws to Florida Statutes (2022) [PDF]
- Index to Special and Local Laws (1971-2022) [PDF]
- Index to Special and Local Laws (1845-1970) [PDF]
- Statute Search Tips
2005 Florida Statutes
Crimes Compensation Trust Fund.
938.03 Crimes Compensation Trust Fund.--
(1) Any person pleading guilty or nolo contendere to, or being convicted of or adjudicated delinquent for, any felony, misdemeanor, delinquent act, or criminal traffic offense under the laws of this state or the violation of any municipal or county ordinance which adopts by reference any misdemeanor under state law, shall pay as an additional cost in the case, in addition and prior to any other cost required to be imposed by law, the sum of $50. Any person whose adjudication is withheld shall also be assessed such cost.
(2) These costs shall not be waived by the court.
(3) In the event that the individual has been ordered to pay restitution in accordance with s. 775.089, costs referenced in this section shall be included in a judgment.
(4) The clerk of the court shall collect and forward $49 of each $50 collected to the Department of Revenue, to be deposited in the Crimes Compensation Trust Fund. The clerk shall retain the remaining $1 of each $50 collected as an additional cost by the clerk's office.
History.--s. 1, ch. 77-452; s. 311, ch. 79-400; s. 15, ch. 80-146; s. 1, ch. 82-222; s. 3, ch. 83-319; s. 7, ch. 85-250; s. 7, ch. 85-326; s. 13, ch. 92-107; s. 23, ch. 92-287; s. 14, ch. 94-342; s. 4, ch. 97-271; s. 20, ch. 2001-122; s. 123, ch. 2003-402.
Note.--Former s. 960.20.