- Florida Statutes Definitions Index (2022) [PDF]
- General Laws Conversion Table (2022) [PDF]
- Preface to the Florida Statutes (2022) [PDF]
- Table of Section Changes (2022) [PDF]
- Table Tracing Session Laws to Florida Statutes (2022) [PDF]
- Index to Special and Local Laws (1971-2022) [PDF]
- Index to Special and Local Laws (1845-1970) [PDF]
- Statute Search Tips
2006 Florida Statutes
Legislative sessions; additional employees.
17.556 Legislative sessions; additional employees.--
(1) Hereafter during any period of time the Legislature of Florida may be in actual session, the Chief Financial Officer is empowered to employ additional persons to assist in performing the services required of the Chief Financial Officer in connection with s. 17.53(1). The salaries to be paid such employees of the Chief Financial Officer shall not be in excess of the highest salary paid by the House of Representatives or the state Senate for secretarial services; and the salaries for said employees shall begin with the convening of the Legislature in session and shall continue for not more than 7 days after the close of the legislative session; provided, that recesses of the Legislature not in excess of 3 days shall be considered as time during which the Legislature is actually in session.
(2) In addition to the regular annual appropriations for the Chief Financial Officer, there is appropriated for use of the Chief Financial Officer from the General Revenue Fund, from time to time as necessary, sufficient sums to pay the salaries of the above-described employees.
History.--ss. 1, 2, ch. 57-2; s. 1, ch. 73-305; s. 7, ch. 91-244; s. 53, ch. 2003-261.
Note.--Former s. 18.091.