2007 Florida Statutes
Medicaid certified school funding maximization.
1011.70 Medicaid certified school funding maximization.--
(1) Each school district, subject to the provisions of ss. 409.9071 and 409.908(21) and this section, is authorized to certify funds provided for a category of required Medicaid services termed "school-based services," which are reimbursable under the federal Medicaid program. Such services shall include, but not be limited to, physical, occupational, and speech therapy services, behavioral health services, mental health services, transportation services, Early Periodic Screening, Diagnosis, and Treatment (EPSDT) administrative outreach for the purpose of determining eligibility for exceptional student education, and any other such services, for the purpose of receiving federal Medicaid financial participation. Certified school funding shall not be available for the following services:
(a) Family planning.
(c) Prenatal care.
(2) The Agency for Health Care Administration shall monitor compliance of each participating school district with the Medicaid provider agreements. In addition, the Agency for Health Care Administration shall develop standardized recordkeeping procedures for the school districts that meet Medicaid requirements for audit purposes.
(3) Each school district's continued participation in certifying funds to be reimbursed for Medicaid expenditures is contingent upon the district providing to the department an annual accounting of how the federal Medicaid reimbursements are utilized.
(4) Funds generated pursuant to this section may be used for autism therapy services allowed by federal law.
(5) Lab schools, as authorized under s. 1002.32, shall be authorized to participate in the Medicaid certified school match program on the same basis as school districts subject to the provisions of subsections (1)-(4) and ss. 409.9071 and 409.908(21).
History.--s. 662, ch. 2002-387; s. 69, ch. 2004-41.