- Florida Statutes Definitions Index (2022) [PDF]
- General Laws Conversion Table (2022) [PDF]
- Preface to the Florida Statutes (2022) [PDF]
- Table of Section Changes (2022) [PDF]
- Table Tracing Session Laws to Florida Statutes (2022) [PDF]
- Index to Special and Local Laws (1971-2022) [PDF]
- Index to Special and Local Laws (1845-1970) [PDF]
- Statute Search Tips
2007 Florida Statutes
Seasonal state employment included; time limit and procedure for claiming.
122.07 Seasonal state employment included; time limit and procedure for claiming.--
(1) Any seasonal state employee who works for and draws compensation from the state or any of its departments for a period of more than 6 months during the fiscal year, that is, from July 1 of any year to June 30 of the following year, inclusive, but who works the remainder or a part of such fiscal year in the same or a similar capacity for another state or department thereof, may receive credit for the actual time employed by another state or department thereof, provided that such employee shall comply with the conditions hereinafter specified.
(2) Any state employee as described in subsection (1) in the classification set forth in s. 122.01 may elect to receive credit as a state employee under the State and County Officers and Employees' Retirement System by providing to the department a statement from the state in which he or she was employed, listing days employed and monthly earnings and such other information as may, in the opinion of the department, be necessary or appropriate in the carrying out of this section. Credit shall be granted upon payment to the department by such employee of an amount equal to the total retirement contribution that would have been required had the member worked in this state during the period based on the salary drawn by such employee during his or her last full month of employment by the state or any department thereof for each month during said fiscal year for which such employee was not employed by the state or any department thereof, but was employed by some other state, plus interest compounded annually each June 30 from the date of the service in another state to the date of payment at the rate of 4 percent until July 1, 1975, and 6.5 percent thereafter. The member shall have until his or her date of retirement to claim and purchase credit for such employment in another state.
History.--s. 8, ch. 29801, 1955; s. 2, ch. 61-119; ss. 31, 35, ch. 69-106; s. 1, ch. 78-279; s. 27, ch. 79-164; s. 1, ch. 87-29; s. 21, ch. 91-45; s. 13, ch. 92-122; s. 785, ch. 95-147; s. 58, ch. 99-255.