2007 Florida Statutes
Provisions of bonds and trust indentures.
159.614 Provisions of bonds and trust indentures.--In connection with the issuance of bonds and in order to secure the payment of such bonds, a housing finance authority, in addition to the other powers granted pursuant to this act, shall have power:
(1) To pledge all or any part of any payment made to the housing finance authority pursuant to any loan agreement or pursuant to a sale of any loan or loan commitment.
(2) To covenant against pledging or assigning all or any part of any payments made pursuant to any loan agreement or pursuant to the sale of any loan or loan commitment or against permitting or suffering any lien on such payments; and to covenant as to what other, or additional, debts or obligations may be incurred by the housing finance authority with respect to any qualifying housing development.
(3) To covenant as to the bonds to be issued and as to the issuance of such bonds in escrow or otherwise and as to the use and disposition of the proceeds thereof; and to provide for the replacement of lost, destroyed, or mutilated bonds; to covenant against extending the time for the payment of its bonds or interest thereon; and to redeem the other bonds, covenant for their redemption, and provide the terms and conditions thereof.
(4) To create or to authorize the creation of special funds for moneys held for construction costs, debt service, reserves, or other purposes; and to covenant as to the construction and disposition of the moneys held in such special funds.
(5) To prescribe the procedure, if any, by which the terms of any contract with the holder of any bonds may be amended or abrogated, the amount of the bonds the holders of which must consent thereto, and the manner in which such consent may be given.
(6) To covenant as to the rights, liabilities, powers, and duties arising upon the breach by the housing finance authority of any covenant, condition, or obligation; and to covenant and prescribe as to events of default and terms and conditions upon which any or all of its bonds or obligations shall become or may be declared due before maturity and as to the terms and conditions upon which such declaration and its consequences may be waived.
(7) To vest in a trustee or trustees or the holders of bonds or any proportion of them the right to enforce the payment of the bonds or any covenants securing or relating to the bonds; to vest in a trustee or trustees the right, in the event of a default by said housing finance authority, to collect the payments made pursuant to any loan agreement or pursuant to the sale of any loan or loan commitment and to dispose of such rights in accordance with the agreement of the housing finance authority with said trustee; to provide for the powers and duties of a trustee or trustees and to limit the liabilities thereof; and to provide the terms and conditions upon which the trustee or trustees of the holders of bonds or any proportion of them may enforce any covenant or rights securing or relating to the bonds.
History.--s. 14, ch. 78-89.