- Florida Statutes Definitions Index (2022) [PDF]
- General Laws Conversion Table (2022) [PDF]
- Preface to the Florida Statutes (2022) [PDF]
- Table of Section Changes (2022) [PDF]
- Table Tracing Session Laws to Florida Statutes (2022) [PDF]
- Index to Special and Local Laws (1971-2022) [PDF]
- Index to Special and Local Laws (1845-1970) [PDF]
- Statute Search Tips
2007 Florida Statutes
(1) Each county or municipality may, at its option, create or abolish by ordinance local government code enforcement boards as provided herein.
(2) A charter county, a noncharter county, or a municipality may, by ordinance, adopt an alternate code enforcement system that gives code enforcement boards or special magistrates designated by the local governing body, or both, the authority to hold hearings and assess fines against violators of the respective county or municipal codes and ordinances. A special magistrate shall have the same status as an enforcement board under this chapter. References in this chapter to an enforcement board, except in s. 162.05, shall include a special magistrate if the context permits.
History.--ss. 1, 2, ch. 80-300; s. 3, ch. 82-37; s. 2, ch. 86-201; s. 1, ch. 87-129; s. 2, ch. 89-268; s. 2, ch. 99-360; s. 63, ch. 2004-11.
Note.--Former s. 166.053.