2007 Florida Statutes
Disclosures of gifts and premiums.
501.614 Disclosures of gifts and premiums.--If a commercial telephone seller expressly or impliedly represents to any prospective purchaser, directly or through a salesperson, that the purchaser is or may be eligible to receive any gift, premium, bonus, or prize, however denominated, the commercial telephone seller shall submit to the department a statement setting forth, for each item mentioned:
(1) A description of the item.
(2) The value or worth of the item and the basis for the valuation.
(3) All terms and conditions a purchaser must satisfy in order to receive the item. The statement must be accompanied by a copy of the written statement of terms and conditions provided to purchasers pursuant to this part.
(4) If they are ascertainable, the odds, for a given purchaser, of receiving the item.
(5) If a purchaser is to receive fewer than all the items described by the seller:
(a) The manner in which the commercial telephone seller decides which item a given purchaser is to receive.
(b) If they are ascertainable, the odds, for a given purchaser, of receiving each item described.
(c) The name and address of each person who has, during the preceding 12 months or any portion thereof in which the commercial telephone seller has done business, received each gift, premium, bonus, or prize. The provisions of this section shall not apply if the item is unconditionally offered to a purchaser as part of a sale and the buyer has 7 days to return the goods or cancel the services and the right to receive a full refund in 30 days and the right to keep the item in that case without cost.
History.--ss. 1, 2, ch. 91-237; s. 4, ch. 91-429.