2007 Florida Statutes
553.993 Definitions.--For purposes of this part:
(1) "Acquisition" means to gain the sole or partial use of a building through a purchase agreement.
(2) "Builder" means the primary contractor who possesses the requisite skill, knowledge, and experience, and has the responsibility, to supervise, direct, manage, and control the contracting activities of the business organization with which she or he is connected and who has the responsibility to supervise, direct, manage, and control the construction work on a job for which she or he has obtained the building permit. Construction work includes, but is not limited to, foundation, framing, wiring, plumbing, and finishing work.
(3) "Designer" means the architect, engineer, landscape architect, builder, interior designer, or other person who performs the actual design work or under whose direct supervision and responsible charge the construction documents are prepared.
(4) "New building" means commercial occupancy buildings permitted for construction after January 1, 1995, and residential occupancy buildings permitted for construction after January 1, 1994.
(5) "Public building" means a building comfort-conditioned for occupancy that is owned or leased by the state, a state agency, or a governmental subdivision, including, but not limited to, a city, county, or school district.
History.--s. 12, ch. 93-249; s. 808, ch. 97-103.