- Florida Statutes Definitions Index (2022) [PDF]
- General Laws Conversion Table (2022) [PDF]
- Preface to the Florida Statutes (2022) [PDF]
- Table of Section Changes (2022) [PDF]
- Table Tracing Session Laws to Florida Statutes (2022) [PDF]
- Index to Special and Local Laws (1971-2022) [PDF]
- Index to Special and Local Laws (1845-1970) [PDF]
- Statute Search Tips
2007 Florida Statutes
Nonpublic sector buses; additional liability insurance coverage.
627.742 Nonpublic sector buses; additional liability insurance coverage.--
(1) In addition to any other insurance requirements, each nonpublic sector bus must carry:
(a) Proof of ability to respond in damages for liability on account of accidents arising out of the use of the nonpublic sector bus:
1. In the amount of $100,000 because of bodily injury to, or death of, one person in any accident;
2. Subject to such limits for one person, in the amount of $300,000 because of bodily injury to, or death of, two or more persons in any one accident; and
3. In the amount of $50,000 because of injury to, or destruction of, property of others in any one accident; or
(b) A policy of insurance providing for bodily liability insurance and property damage liability in a sum of not less than $300,000.
(2) School buses subject to the provisions of chapter 1006 or s. 316.615 are exempt from the provisions of this section.
(3) A violation of this section is a noncriminal traffic infraction, punishable as a nonmoving violation as provided in chapter 318.
History.--ss. 6, 7, 8, ch. 81-209; ss. 809(2nd), 810, ch. 82-243; s. 79, ch. 82-386; s. 114, ch. 92-318; s. 314, ch. 99-248; s. 1032, ch. 2002-387.