- Florida Statutes Definitions Index (2022) [PDF]
- General Laws Conversion Table (2022) [PDF]
- Preface to the Florida Statutes (2022) [PDF]
- Table of Section Changes (2022) [PDF]
- Table Tracing Session Laws to Florida Statutes (2022) [PDF]
- Index to Special and Local Laws (1971-2022) [PDF]
- Index to Special and Local Laws (1845-1970) [PDF]
- Statute Search Tips
2010 Florida Statutes
Rights of agent following termination of appointment.
Rights of agent following termination of appointment.—
Following the termination of his or her agency appointment as to an insurer, the agent may for the period herein provided continue to service, and receive from the insurer commissions or other compensation relative to, policies written by him or her for the insurer during the existence of the appointment. The agent may countersign all certificates or endorsements necessary to continue such policies to the expiration date thereof, including renewal option periods, and collect and remit premiums due thereon, but shall not otherwise, except with the consent of the insurer, change or modify the policy in any way nor increase the hazards insured against therein.
This section does not apply as to agents of direct writing insurers or to agents and insurers between whom the relationship of employer and employee exists.
s. 278, ch. 59-205; s. 3, ch. 76-168; s. 1, ch. 77-457; s. 3, ch. 81-282; ss. 2, 3, ch. 81-318; ss. 240, 241, 807, 810, ch. 82-243; ss. 92, 206, 207, ch. 90-363; s. 4, ch. 91-429; s. 259, ch. 97-102.