- Florida Statutes Definitions Index (2022) [PDF]
- General Laws Conversion Table (2022) [PDF]
- Preface to the Florida Statutes (2022) [PDF]
- Table of Section Changes (2022) [PDF]
- Table Tracing Session Laws to Florida Statutes (2022) [PDF]
- Index to Special and Local Laws (1971-2022) [PDF]
- Index to Special and Local Laws (1845-1970) [PDF]
- Statute Search Tips
2010 Florida Statutes
Local government participation.
Local government participation.—
Units of local government abutting the Gulf of Mexico or the Atlantic Ocean, or which include or are contiguous to waters of the state where marine species of vegetation listed by rule as ratified in s. 373.4211 constitute the dominant plant community, shall develop a coastal zone protection element pursuant to s. 163.3177. Such units of local government shall be eligible to receive technical assistance from the state in preparing coastal zone protection elements and shall be the only units of local government eligible to apply to the department for available financial assistance. Local government participation in the coastal management program authorized by this act shall be voluntary. All permitting and enforcement of dredged-material management and other related activities subject to permit under the provisions of chapters 161 and 253 and part IV of chapter 373 for deepwater ports identified in s. 403.021(9)(b) shall be done through the department consistent with the provisions of s. 403.021(9).
s. 9, ch. 78-287; s. 11, ch. 94-122; s. 142, ch. 96-320; s. 2, ch. 2002-277.