2014 Florida Statutes
406.49 Definitions.—As used in this part, the term:
(1) “Anatomical board” means the anatomical board of the state headquartered at the University of Florida Health Science Center.
(2) “Cremated remains” has the same meaning as provided in s. 497.005.
(3) “Final disposition” has the same meaning as provided in s. 497.005.
(4) “Human remains” or “remains” has the same meaning as provided in s. 497.005.
(5) “Indigent person” means a person whose family income does not exceed 100 percent of the current federal poverty guidelines prescribed for the family’s household size by the United States Department of Health and Human Services.
(6) “Legally authorized person” has the same meaning as provided in s. 497.005.
(7) “Nontransplant anatomical donation organization” means a tissue bank or other organization that facilitates nontransplant anatomical donation, including referral, obtaining informed consent or authorization, acquisition, traceability, transport, assessing donor acceptability, preparation, packaging, labeling, storage, release, evaluating intended use, distribution, and final disposition of nontransplant anatomical donations.
(8) “Unclaimed remains” means human remains that are not claimed by a legally authorized person, other than a medical examiner or the board of county commissioners, for final disposition at the person’s expense.
History.—s. 5, ch. 2013-138.