2014 Florida Statutes
468.1655 Definitions.—As used in this part:
(1) “Board” means the Board of Nursing Home Administrators.
(2) “Department” means the Department of Health.
(3) “Nursing home administrator” means a person who is licensed to engage in the practice of nursing home administration in this state under the authority of this part.
(4) “Practice of nursing home administration” means any service requiring nursing home administration education, training, or experience and the application of such to the planning, organizing, staffing, directing, and controlling of the total management of a nursing home. A person shall be construed to practice or to offer to practice nursing home administration who:
(a) Practices any of the above services.
(b) Holds himself or herself out as able to perform, or does perform, any form of nursing home administration by written or verbal claim, sign, advertisement, letterhead, or card; or in any other way represents himself or herself to be, or implies that he or she is, a nursing home administrator.
(5) “Nursing home” means an institution or facility licensed as such under part II of chapter 400.
History.—ss. 1, 2, ch. 79-227; ss. 2, 3, ch. 81-318; ss. 3, 16, 17, ch. 86-223; s. 61, ch. 91-137; s. 10, ch. 91-156; s. 4, ch. 91-429; s. 133, ch. 94-218; s. 272, ch. 97-103; s. 121, ch. 97-264; s. 124, ch. 2000-153.