2014 Florida Statutes
590.015 Definitions.—As used in this chapter, the term:
(1) “Broadcast burning” means the burning of agricultural or natural vegetation by allowing fire to move across a predetermined area of land. The term does not include the burning of vegetative debris that is piled or stacked.
(2) “Fire management services” means presuppression fireline plowing, prescribed burning assistance, contract prescribed burning, prescribed and wildfire management training, and other activities associated with prevention, detection, and suppression of wildfires.
(3) “Fuel reduction” means the application of techniques that reduce vegetative fuels, and may include prescribed burning, manual and mechanical clearing, and the use of herbicides.
(4) “Open burning” means any outdoor fire or open combustion of material that produces visible emissions.
(5) “Wildfire” means any vegetative fire that threatens to destroy life, property, or natural resources.
(6) “Wild land” means any public or private managed or unmanaged forest, urban/interface, pasture or range land, recreation lands, or any other land at risk of wildfire.
History.—s. 2, ch. 99-292; s. 31, ch. 2000-308; ss. 54, 71, ch. 2011-206; s. 57, ch. 2012-7.