- Florida Statutes Definitions Index (2022) [PDF]
- General Laws Conversion Table (2022) [PDF]
- Preface to the Florida Statutes (2022) [PDF]
- Table of Section Changes (2022) [PDF]
- Table Tracing Session Laws to Florida Statutes (2022) [PDF]
- Index to Special and Local Laws (1971-2022) [PDF]
- Index to Special and Local Laws (1845-1970) [PDF]
- Statute Search Tips
2014 Florida Statutes
288.35 Definitions.—The following terms, wherever used or referred to in this part, shall have the following meanings:
(1) “Corporation” means any corporation organized for the purpose of establishing, operating, and maintaining a foreign trade zone.
(2) “Government agency” means the state or any county or political subdivision thereof; any state agency; any consolidated government of a county, and some or all of the municipalities located within the county; any chartered municipality in the state; and any of the institutions of such consolidated governments, counties, or municipalities. Specifically included are airports, port authorities, industrial authorities, and Space Florida.
(3) “Act of Congress” means the Act of Congress approved June 18, 1934, entitled an Act to provide for the establishment, operation, and maintenance of foreign trade zones in ports of entry of the United States, to expedite and encourage foreign commerce, and for other purposes, as amended, and commonly known as the Foreign Trade Zones Act of 1934, 19 U.S.C. ss. 81a-81u.
(4) “Operational and promotional advancements” means any advance of state funds which are drawn from the State Treasury for the purpose of paying legal obligations of the state on a cash basis.
History.—s. 1, ch. 76-42; s. 3, ch. 78-375; s. 15, ch. 99-256; s. 6, ch. 2002-183; s. 56, ch. 2006-60.