2015 Florida Statutes
1343.1002 Definitions.—As used in this part, the term:
(1) “Agency of the state” means the state and any department of the state, the commission, or any corporation, agency, or instrumentality created, designated, or established by the state.
(2) “Board” means the governing body of the commission.
(3) “Commission” means the Northeast Florida Regional Transportation Commission.
(4) “Department” means the Department of Transportation.
(5) “Transportation authorities” means the department and any entity created under this chapter, chapter 348, or chapter 349.
(6) “Transportation facilities” means all mobile and fixed assets, including real or personal property or rights therein, used in the transportation of persons or property by any means of conveyance, and all appurtenances thereto, such as, but not limited to: highways; bridges; limited or controlled access roadways, lanes, and related facilities; docks, wharves, vessels, jetties, piers, and marine terminals; vehicles, fixed guideway facilities, including freight rail, intermodal facilities, and any means of conveyance of persons or property of all types; passenger and other terminals; park-and-ride facilities; bicycle ways and related facilities; pedestrian ways and pedestrian-related facilities appurtenant to other transportation facilities; transit-related improvements or developments adjacent to transit facilities or stations; bus, train, vessel, or other vehicle storage, cleaning, fueling, control, and maintenance facilities; and administrative and other office space necessary for the exercise by the commission of the powers and obligations granted under this part.
(7) “Transportation services” means the conveyance of persons or property, including mass transit services such as fixed-route bus service, fixed-guideway vehicle service, paratransit service, flex route or demand responsive service, and the planning and funding of transportation facilities.
History.—s. 3, ch. 2013-173.
1Note.—This part is repealed November 30, 2018, unless the contingencies in s. 343.1013 occur.