2015 Florida Statutes
39.0011 Direct-support organization.—
(1) The Office of Adoption and Child Protection may establish a direct-support organization to assist the state in carrying out its purposes and responsibilities regarding the promotion of adoption, support of adoptive families, and prevention of child abuse, abandonment, and neglect by raising money; submitting requests for and receiving grants from the Federal Government, the state or its political subdivisions, private foundations, and individuals; and making expenditures to or for the benefit of the office. The sole purpose for the direct-support organization is to support the office. Such a direct-support organization is an organization that is:
(a) Incorporated under chapter 617 and approved by the Department of State as a Florida corporation not for profit;
(b) Organized and operated to make expenditures to or for the benefit of the office; and
(c) Approved by the office to be operating for the benefit of and in a manner consistent with the goals of the office and in the best interest of the state.
(2) The number of members on the board of directors of the direct-support organization shall be determined by the Chief Child Advocate. Membership on the board of directors of the direct-support organization shall include, but not be limited to, a guardian ad litem; a member of a local advocacy council; a representative from a community-based care lead agency; a representative from a private or public organization or program with recognized expertise in working with child abuse prevention programs for children and families; a representative of a private or public organization or program with recognized expertise in working with children who are sexually abused, physically abused, emotionally abused, abandoned, or neglected and with expertise in working with the families of such children; an individual working at a state adoption agency; and the parent of a child adopted from within the child welfare system.
(3) The direct-support organization shall operate under written contract with the office.
(4) All moneys received by the direct-support organization shall be deposited into an account of the direct-support organization and shall be used by the organization in a manner consistent with the goals of the office.
(5) This section is repealed October 1, 2017, unless reviewed and saved from repeal by the Legislature.
History.—s. 2, ch. 2007-124; s. 5, ch. 2014-96.