2017 Florida Statutes
159.823 Definitions.—As used in this act, the following words and terms shall have the following meanings, unless some other meaning is plainly intended:
(1) “Act” means the “Taxable Bond Act of 1987.”
(2) “Bonds” means any bonds, debentures, notes, warrants, bond anticipation notes, tax anticipation notes, commercial paper, or other evidence of indebtedness or lease, installment purchase contracts, or other agreements or certificates of participation therein issued by or on behalf of a governmental unit.
(3) “Foreign currency” means currency, Eurodollars, or money other than the legal tender of the United States.
(4) “Governing body” means the governing body or board of the governmental unit.
(5) “Governmental unit” means the state, any department, board, commission, or other agency of the state, or any county, municipality, special district, or other political subdivision of the state, heretofore or hereafter created, or any board, commission, authority, or other public agency or instrumentality which is now or hereafter authorized by law to issue bonds. Nothing herein shall be deemed to give any department, board, commission, or other agency of the state any additional authority to issue bonds or take any action independently and without acting by or through the Division of Bond Finance if the participation of the Division of Bond Finance is otherwise required by the statutes under authority of which the bonds are issued.
(6) “State” means the State of Florida.
(7) “State Board of Administration” means the State Board of Administration created by and referred to in s. 4, Art. IV, of the State Constitution.
(8) “Taxable bonds” means bonds the interest on which is not, in any manner, exempt from federal income taxation or excludable from gross income for federal income tax purposes.
History.—s. 1, ch. 87-237; s. 18, ch. 2013-15.