- Florida Statutes Definitions Index (2022) [PDF]
- General Laws Conversion Table (2022) [PDF]
- Preface to the Florida Statutes (2022) [PDF]
- Table of Section Changes (2022) [PDF]
- Table Tracing Session Laws to Florida Statutes (2022) [PDF]
- Index to Special and Local Laws (1971-2022) [PDF]
- Index to Special and Local Laws (1845-1970) [PDF]
- Statute Search Tips
2017 Florida Statutes
385.102 Legislative intent.—It is the finding of the Legislature that:
(1) Chronic diseases exist in high proportions among the people of this state. These chronic diseases include, but are not limited to, heart disease, hypertension, diabetes, renal disease, cancer, and chronic obstructive lung disease. These diseases are often interrelated, and they directly and indirectly account for a high rate of death and illness.
(2) Advances in medical knowledge and technology have assisted in the prevention of chronic diseases. Comprehensive approaches stressing application of current treatment, continuing research, professional training, and patient education should be encouraged.
(3) A comprehensive program dealing with the early detection and prevention of chronic diseases is required to make knowledge and therapy available to all people of this state. The mobilization of scientific, medical, and educational resources under one comprehensive chronic disease act will facilitate the prevention and treatment of these diseases and their symptoms and result in a decline in death and illness among the people of this state.
History.—s. 93, ch. 86-220.