- Florida Statutes Definitions Index (2022) [PDF]
- General Laws Conversion Table (2022) [PDF]
- Preface to the Florida Statutes (2022) [PDF]
- Table of Section Changes (2022) [PDF]
- Table Tracing Session Laws to Florida Statutes (2022) [PDF]
- Index to Special and Local Laws (1971-2022) [PDF]
- Index to Special and Local Laws (1845-1970) [PDF]
- Statute Search Tips
2017 Florida Statutes
468.306 Examinations.—An applicant for certification as a radiologic technologist, basic X-ray machine operator, or basic X-ray machine operator-podiatric medicine, except an applicant certified pursuant to s. 468.3065, shall be required to pass an examination. An applicant for certification as a specialty technologist shall be certified only in accordance with s. 468.3065. An application for certification as a specialty technologist by examination may not be accepted. In lieu of an examination for a radiologist assistant certificate, the department shall accept a demonstration by the applicant for such a certificate that he or she holds a current certificate or registration as a radiologist assistant granted by the American Registry of Radiologic Technologists. The department may develop or use examinations for each type of certificate. The department may require an applicant who does not pass an examination after five attempts to complete additional remedial education, as specified by rule of the department, before admitting the applicant to subsequent examinations.
(1) The department may contract with organizations that develop such test examinations. Examinations may be administered by the department or the contracting organization.
(2) Examinations shall be given for each type of certificate at least twice a year at such times and places as the department may determine to be advantageous for applicants.
(3) All examinations must be written and must include positioning, technique, and radiation protection. The department shall pass or fail each applicant on the basis of his or her final grade. The examination for a basic X-ray machine operator must include basic positioning and basic techniques directly related to the skills necessary to safely operate radiographic equipment.
(4) A nonrefundable fee not to exceed $75 plus the actual per-applicant cost for purchasing the examination from a national organization shall be charged for any subsequent examination.
History.—s. 7, ch. 78-383; s. 2, ch. 81-318; ss. 7, 18, 19, ch. 84-269; s. 6, ch. 88-310; s. 4, ch. 91-429; s. 284, ch. 97-103; s. 26, ch. 98-151; s. 58, ch. 99-397; s. 40, ch. 2004-350; s. 5, ch. 2006-139; s. 4, ch. 2012-168.