- Florida Statutes Definitions Index (2022) [PDF]
- General Laws Conversion Table (2022) [PDF]
- Preface to the Florida Statutes (2022) [PDF]
- Table of Section Changes (2022) [PDF]
- Table Tracing Session Laws to Florida Statutes (2022) [PDF]
- Index to Special and Local Laws (1971-2022) [PDF]
- Index to Special and Local Laws (1845-1970) [PDF]
- Statute Search Tips
2017 Florida Statutes
(1) It shall be the duty of the Department of Corrections to obtain and place in its records information as complete as practicable on every person who may be sentenced to supervision or incarceration under the jurisdiction of the department. Such information shall be obtained as soon as possible after imposition of sentence and shall, in the discretion of the department, include, among other things:
(a) A copy of the indictment or information and a complete statement of the facts of the crime for which such person has been sentenced.
(b) The court in which the person was sentenced.
(c) The terms of the sentence.
(d) The name of the presiding judge, the prosecuting officers, the investigating officers, and the attorneys for the person convicted.
(e) A copy of all probation reports which may have been made.
(f) Any social, physical, mental, psychiatric, or criminal record of such person.
(2) It shall be the duty of the court and its prosecuting officials to furnish to the department upon its request such information and also to furnish such copies of such minutes and other records as may be in their possession or under their control.
(3) Following the initial hearing provided for in s. 947.172(1), the commission shall prepare and the department shall include in the official record a copy of the seriousness-of-offense and favorable-parole-outcome scores and shall include a listing of the specific factors and information used in establishing a presumptive parole release date for the inmate.
History.—s. 11, ch. 20519, 1941; ss. 19, 35, ch. 69-106; ss. 81, 87, ch. 77-120; s. 20, ch. 78-417; s. 97, ch. 79-3; s. 57, ch. 88-122; s. 5, ch. 92-310; s. 28, ch. 95-145; s. 26, ch. 2004-335.
Note.—Former s. 947.14(1), (2), (4), and (6).