2019 Florida Statutes
420.424 Definitions.—As used in ss. 420.421-420.429:
(1) “Department” means the Department of Economic Opportunity.
(2) “Local government” means any county or incorporated municipality within this state.
(3) “Neighborhood housing services corporation” means a private, nonprofit, community-based corporation organized under the laws of this state to develop and administer local neighborhood housing services.
(4) “Neighborhood housing services project” means a program developed by the Neighborhood Reinvestment Corporation and implemented locally by neighborhood housing services corporations to stimulate reinvestment in a defined neighborhood.
(5) “Neighborhood Reinvestment Corporation” means a corporation or its successor sponsored by the United States Department of Housing and Urban Development, the Federal Home Loan Bank Board, the Office of the Comptroller of the Currency, the Federal Reserve, the Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation, and the National Credit Union Administration for the purpose of creating a partnership between the private sector, government, and citizens to undertake the rehabilitation and revitalization of declining residential neighborhoods.
(6) “Rehabilitation” means the repair, renovation, reconstruction, or other improvement of housing to restore that housing to a sound condition or to ensure that the housing can be maintained in that condition or to improve the general utility and attractiveness of such housing.
History.—s. 4, ch. 79-259; s. 47, ch. 81-167; s. 50, ch. 83-55; s. 3, ch. 85-265; s. 51, ch. 93-120; s. 328, ch. 2011-142.