- Florida Statutes Definitions Index (2022) [PDF]
- General Laws Conversion Table (2022) [PDF]
- Preface to the Florida Statutes (2022) [PDF]
- Table of Section Changes (2022) [PDF]
- Table Tracing Session Laws to Florida Statutes (2022) [PDF]
- Index to Special and Local Laws (1971-2022) [PDF]
- Index to Special and Local Laws (1845-1970) [PDF]
- Statute Search Tips
2021 Florida Statutes (Including 2021B Session)
203.012 Definitions.—As used in this chapter:
(1) “Distribution company” means any person owning or operating local electric or natural or manufactured gas utility distribution facilities within this state for the transmission, delivery, and sale of electricity or natural or manufactured gas. The term does not include natural gas transmission companies that are subject to the jurisdiction of the Federal Energy Regulatory Commission.
(2) “Person” means any person as defined in s. 212.02.
(3) “Utility service” means electricity for light, heat, or power; and natural or manufactured gas for light, heat, or power, including transportation, delivery, transmission, and distribution of the electricity or natural or manufactured gas. This subsection does not broaden the definition of utility service to include separately stated charges for tangible personal property or services which are not charges for the electricity or natural or manufactured gas or the transportation, delivery, transmission, or distribution of electricity or natural or manufactured gas.
History.—ss. 2, 6, ch. 84-342; s. 30, ch. 85-116; s. 3, ch. 85-174; s. 3, ch. 86-155; s. 44, ch. 87-224; s. 17, ch. 90-132; s. 13, ch. 91-112; s. 1, ch. 97-283; ss. 42, 58, ch. 2000-260; s. 38, ch. 2001-140; s. 2, ch. 2005-148.