2021 Florida Statutes (Including 2021B Session)
343.62 Definitions.—As used in this part, unless the context clearly indicates otherwise, the term:
(1) “Authority” means the Central Florida Regional Transportation Authority.
(2) “Board” means the governing body of the authority.
(3) “Commuter railroad” means a complete system of tracks, stations, parking facilities, and rolling stock necessary to effectuate medium-distance to long-distance passenger rail service to or from the surrounding regional municipalities.
(4) “Member” means the individuals constituting the board.
(5) “Public transportation” means transportation of goods and passengers for hire, as a charter service, or without charge, by means, without limitation, of a street railway, elevated railway or fixed guideway, commuter railroad, subway, motor vehicle, motor bus, and any bus, truck, or other means of conveyance operating as a common carrier or otherwise.
(6) “Public transportation facilities” means property, equipment, or buildings that are acquired, built, installed, or established for public transportation systems.
(7) “Public transportation system” means, without limitation, a combination of real and personal property, structures, improvements, buildings, terminals, parking facilities, equipment, plans, and rights-of-way, public rail and fixed guideway transportation facilities, rail or fixed guideway access to, from, or between other transportation terminals, and commuter railroads and commuter rail facilities, or any combination thereof or addition thereto, used, directly or indirectly, useful or convenient for the purpose of public transportation by automobile, truck, bus, rapid transit vehicle, light rail, or heavy rail.
History.—s. 1, ch. 89-351; s. 1, ch. 91-142; s. 2, ch. 93-103.