- Florida Statutes Definitions Index (2022) [PDF]
- General Laws Conversion Table (2022) [PDF]
- Preface to the Florida Statutes (2022) [PDF]
- Table of Section Changes (2022) [PDF]
- Table Tracing Session Laws to Florida Statutes (2022) [PDF]
- Index to Special and Local Laws (1971-2022) [PDF]
- Index to Special and Local Laws (1845-1970) [PDF]
- Statute Search Tips
2021 Florida Statutes (Including 2021B Session)
635.011 Definitions.—As used in this chapter, the term:
(1) “Mortgage guaranty insurance” means a form of casualty insurance insuring lenders against:
(a) Financial loss by reason of nonpayment of principal, interest, and other sums agreed to be paid under the terms of any note, bond, or other evidence of indebtedness secured by a mortgage, deed of trust, or other instrument constituting a lien or charge on real estate which contains a residential building or a building designed to be occupied for industrial or commercial purposes.
(b) Financial loss by reason of nonpayment of rent and other sums agreed to be paid under the terms of a written lease for the possession, use, or occupancy of real estate, provided such real estate is designed to be occupied for industrial or commercial purposes.
(2) “Contingency reserve” means a special premium reserve which is in addition to other premium reserves required by law and which is established for the protection of policyholders against the effect of adverse economic cycles.
History.—s. 1, ch. 59-182; ss. 13, 35, ch. 69-106; s. 1, ch. 71-151; s. 269, ch. 71-377; s. 2, ch. 81-318; ss. 1, 11, 12, ch. 83-281; ss. 1, 5, ch. 93-21; s. 1517, ch. 2003-261.