CS/SB 1072: Auditor Selection Procedures
GENERAL BILL by Governmental Oversight and Productivity ; Atwater
Auditor Selection Procedures; revises auditor selection procedures that local governmental entities, district school boards, charter schools, & charter technical career centers must use in selecting auditors to conduct certain required financial audits; revises provisions re membership, purposes, & duties of audit committees required to be established to aid in such selection; provides for requests for proposals; provides review & ranking requirements, etc. Amends 218.391.
Last Action: 4/13/2005 Senate - Placed on Special Order Calendar -SJ 00418; Substituted HB 349 -SJ 00407; Laid on Table, Link/Iden/Sim/Compare passed, refer to HB 349 (Ch. 2005-32)
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
• Referred to Community Affairs; Regulated Industries; Governmental Oversight and Productivity; General Government Appropriations
• On Committee agenda-- Community Affairs, 03/07/05, 2:30 pm, 401-S
• Favorable by Community Affairs; YEAS 7 NAYS 0
• Introduced, referred to Community Affairs; Regulated Industries; Governmental Oversight and Productivity; General Government Appropriations -SJ 00068; On Committee agenda-- Community Affairs, 03/07/05, 2:30 pm, 401-S; Favorable by Community Affairs; YEAS 7 NAYS 0 -SJ 00103; Now in Regulated Industries -SJ 00103
• On Committee agenda-- Regulated Industries, 03/16/05, 1:00 pm, 110-S
• Favorable by Regulated Industries; YEAS 10 NAYS 0 -SJ 00227
• Now in Governmental Oversight and Productivity -SJ 00227
• On Committee agenda-- Governmental Oversight and Productivity, 03/30/05, 2:00 pm, 110-S
• CS by Governmental Oversight and Productivity; YEAS 5 NAYS 0 -SJ 00325; CS read first time on 04/05/05 -SJ 00330
• Now in General Government Appropriations -SJ 00325
• Withdrawn from General Government Appropriations -SJ 00348; Placed on Calendar, on second reading
• Placed on Special Order Calendar -SJ 00418; Substituted HB 349 -SJ 00407; Laid on Table, Link/Iden/Sim/Compare passed, refer to HB 349 (Ch. 2005-32)
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.