CS/SB 1180: Practice of Medicine
GENERAL BILL by Health Care ; Campbell
Practice of Medicine; revises membership requirements of Board of Medicine; provides option for applicants for physician licensure to complete externship; authorizes DOH to develop procedures re completion of externship; revises requirement of dept. to impose conditions, limitations, or restrictions on license; provides requirement for probable cause panel considering disciplinary action against physician assistant, etc. Amends Ch. 458, 459.015.
Last Action: 5/5/2006 Senate - Veto Message transmitted to Secretary of State
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
• Referred to Health Care
• Introduced, referred to Health Care -SJ 00074
• On Committee agenda-- Health Care, 04/26/05, 11:45 am, 412-K
• CS by- Health Care; YEAS 10 NAYS 0 -SJ 00640; CS read first time on 04/27/05 -SJ 00644
• Placed on Calendar, on second reading -SJ 00640
• Placed on Special Order Calendar -SJ 00811; Read second time -SJ 00802; Amendment(s) adopted -SJ 00802; Ordered engrossed -SJ 00803
• Read third time -SJ 00846; Amendment(s) adopted -SJ 00846; CS passed as amended; YEAS 39 NAYS 0 -SJ 00848; Reconsidered -SJ 00852; Amendment(s) adopted -SJ 00852; CS passed as amended; YEAS 37 NAYS 0 -SJ 00852
• In Messages; Received, referred to Calendar -HJ 01254
• Placed on Special Order Calendar; Read second time -HJ 01299; Substituted for HB 521 -HJ 01300; Amendment(s) adopted -HJ 01300; Read third time -HJ 01303; CS passed as amended; YEAS 118 NAYS 0 -HJ 01303
• In returning messages
• Concurred -SJ 01117; CS passed as amended; YEAS 39 NAYS 0 -SJ 01120; Ordered engrossed, then enrolled -SJ 01120
• Signed by Officers and presented to Governor
• Vetoed by Governor
• Veto Message received, referred to Rules and Calendar (2005-B) -SJ 00009, -SJ 00023; (2006 Regular Session) -SJ 00201, -SJ 00214
• Veto Message transmitted to Secretary of State
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.