CS/CS/HB 521: Practice of Medicine
GENERAL BILL by Flores ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Jordan ; Legg ; Lopez-Cantera ; Rivera ; Robaina ; Roberson, Y ; Zapata
Practice of Medicine; revises membership requirements of Board of Medicine; provides option for applicants for physician licensure to complete externship; authorizes Health Dept. to develop procedures re completion of externship; authorizes board to adopt rules to implement externship requirements, including fees to cover costs; provides requirement for probable cause panel considering disciplinary action against physician assistant, etc. Amends Chs. 458, 459.
Last Action: 5/4/2005 House - Substituted CS/SB 1180 (Vetoed by Governor); Laid on Table -HJ 01342
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
• Referred to Health Care Regulation (HFC); Health & Families Council
• Introduced, referred to Health Care Regulation (HFC); Health & Families Council -HJ 00051; On Committee agenda-- Health Care Regulation (HFC), 03/09/05, 8:30 am, 212-K
• Favorable with CS amendment by Health Care Regulation (HFC); YEAS 11 NAYS 0 -HJ 00227
• Pending review of CS under Rule 6.3(b)
• Now in Health & Families Council -HJ 00227
• On Council agenda-- Health & Families Council, 04/22/05, 8:00 am, Reed Hall
• Favorable with CS amendment by- Health & Families Council; YEAS 10 NAYS 0 -HJ 00726
• Pending review of CS -under Rule 6.3(b); Placed on Calendar -HJ 00726
• Substituted CS/SB 1180 (Vetoed by Governor); Laid on Table -HJ 01342
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.