CS/CS/SB 1650: Workforce Innovation
GENERAL BILL by Governmental Oversight and Productivity ; Commerce and Consumer Services ; King ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Lynn
Workforce Innovation; revises organization, powers, & duties of Agency for Workforce Innovation; revises certain provisions re funding under federal Workforce Investment Act of 1998; requires dispute-resolution process under certain circumstances; revises organizational requirements for regional workforce boards; provides for director of agency to serve on Commission for Transportation Disadvantaged, etc. Amends 20.50, 427.012, Chs. 445, 446.
Last Action: 6/17/2005 - Approved by Governor; Chapter No. 2005-255
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
• Introduced, referred to Commerce and Consumer Services; Governmental Oversight and Productivity; Transportation and Economic Development Appropriations -SJ 00142
• On Committee agenda-- Commerce and Consumer Services, 03/16/05, 9:00 am, 401-S
• CS by Commerce and Consumer Services; YEAS 7 NAYS 0 -SJ 00228; CS read first time on 03/17/05 -SJ 00233
• Now in Governmental Oversight and Productivity -SJ 00228
• On Committee agenda-- Governmental Oversight and Productivity, 04/12/05, 9:00 am, 110-S
• CS/CS by Governmental Oversight and Productivity; YEAS 5 NAYS 0 -SJ 00455; CS read first time on 04/14/05 -SJ 00458
• Now in Transportation and Economic Development Appropriations -SJ 00455
• On Committee agenda-- Transportation and Economic Development Appropriations, 04/21/05, 9:15 am, 309-C
• Favorable by- Transportation and Economic Development Appropriations; YEAS 6 NAYS 0 -SJ 00554; Placed on Calendar, on second reading -SJ 00554
• Placed on Special Order Calendar -SJ 00638; Read second time -SJ 00613; Amendment(s) adopted -SJ 00613; Ordered engrossed -SJ 00613
• Read third time -SJ 00664; CS passed as amended; YEAS 40 NAYS 0 -SJ 00665
• In Messages
• Received, referred to Calendar -HJ 01259
• Placed on Special Order Calendar; Read second time -HJ 01296; Substituted for HB 1645 -HJ 01296; Read third time -HJ 01296; CS passed; YEAS 113 NAYS 4 -HJ 01296
• Ordered enrolled -SJ 01075
• Signed by Officers and presented to Governor
• Approved by Governor; Chapter No. 2005-255
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.