CS/CS/SB 1660: Health Insurance
GENERAL BILL by Ways and Means ; Banking and Insurance ; Fasano ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Lawson ; Baker
Health Insurance; changes due date for report from AHCA re State Center for Health Statistics; provides additional criterion for Insurance Regulation Office to disapprove or withdraw approval of health flex plans; authorizes insurers & HMOs to offer policies or contracts providing for high-deductible plan meeting federal requirements & in conjunction with health savings account, etc. Amends Chs. 408, 627, 641. APPROPRIATION: $2,702,000.
Last Action: 5/4/2005 Senate - Placed on Special Order Calendar -SJ 01074; Read second time -SJ 01029; Amendment(s) adopted -SJ 01029; Substituted HB 811 -SJ 01029; Laid on Table, Link/Iden/Sim/Compare passed, refer to HB 811 (Ch. 2005-231)
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
• Introduced, referred to Banking and Insurance -SJ 00143
• On Committee agenda-- Banking and Insurance, 04/13/05, 2:00 pm, 412-K
• CS by- Banking and Insurance; YEAS 10 NAYS 0 -SJ 00463; CS read first time on 04/19/05 -SJ 00468
• Also referred to Ways and Means -SJ 00454
• Now in Ways and Means -SJ 00463
• On Committee agenda-- Ways and Means, 04/26/05, 5:15 pm, 412-K
• CS/CS by- Ways and Means; YEAS 15 NAYS 0 -SJ 00690; CS read first time on 04/28/05 -SJ 00696
• Placed on Calendar, on second reading -SJ 00690
• Placed on Special Order Calendar -SJ 01074; Read second time -SJ 01029; Amendment(s) adopted -SJ 01029; Substituted HB 811 -SJ 01029; Laid on Table, Link/Iden/Sim/Compare passed, refer to HB 811 (Ch. 2005-231)
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.