CS/SB 1814: Franchised Motor Vehicle Dealers
GENERAL BILL by Transportation ; Baker
Franchised Motor Vehicle Dealers; specifies definition for purposes of provisions for issuance of dealer license plates; prohibits applicant or licensee failure to pay certain costs & amounts to dealer after termination of franchise; revises provisions for determination by HSMV that existing franchised motor vehicle dealer or dealers are providing adequate representation; requires certain schedule unless extended by administrative law judge, etc. Amends Ch. 320.
Last Action: 5/6/2005 Senate - Died in Committee on Commerce and Consumer Services
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
• Introduced, referred to Transportation; Commerce and Consumer Services; Regulated Industries; Judiciary; General Government Appropriations -SJ 00182
• On Committee agenda-- Transportation, 04/11/05, 2:30 pm, 37-S
• CS by Transportation; YEAS 5 NAYS 2 -SJ 00420; CS read first time on 04/13/05 -SJ 00431
• Now in Commerce and Consumer Services -SJ 00420
• On Committee agenda-- Commerce and Consumer Services, 04/25/05, 3:15 pm, 401-S --Temporarily postponed
• Died in Committee on Commerce and Consumer Services
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.