CS/CS/CS/SB 2: Scholarship Programs
GENERAL BILL by Education Appropriations ; Government Efficiency Appropriations ; Education ; King ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Bullard ; Klein ; Crist ; Aronberg
Scholarship Programs; amends provision re John M. McKay Scholarships for Students with Disabilities Program; revises requirements for scholarship funding & payments; prohibits discrimination on basis of religion by private school; amends provision re Corporate Tax Credit Scholarship Program; eliminates $5-million cap on contributions to any single eligible nonprofit scholarship-funding organization, etc. Amends FS.
Last Action: 5/6/2005 Senate - In returning messages; Died in returning Messages
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
• Referred to Education; Government Efficiency Appropriations; Education Appropriations
• On Committee agenda-- Education, 01/25/05, 9:00 am, 110-S --Workshop-Discussed
• Introduced, referred to Education; Government Efficiency Appropriations; Education Appropriations -SJ 00007; On Committee agenda-- Education, 01/25/05, 9:00 am, 110-S --Workshop-Discussed
• On Committee agenda-- Education, 03/15/05, 9:00 am, 110-S
• CS by Education; YEAS 7 NAYS 0 -SJ 00228; CS read first time on 03/17/05 -SJ 00228
• Now in Government Efficiency Appropriations -SJ 00228
• On Committee agenda-- Government Efficiency Appropriations, 03/23/05, 9:00 am, 110-S --Temporarily postponed
• On Committee agenda-- Government Efficiency Appropriations, 04/04/05, 2:00 pm, 110-S
• CS/CS by Government Efficiency Appropriations; YEAS 3 NAYS 2 -SJ 00349; CS read first time on 04/06/05 -SJ 00350
• Now in Education Appropriations -SJ 00349
• On Committee agenda-- Education Appropriations, 04/26/05, 3:00 pm, 412-K
• CS/CS/CS by- Education Appropriations; YEAS 8 NAYS 0 -SJ 00690; CS read first time on 04/28/05 -SJ 00691
• Placed on Calendar, on second reading -SJ 00690
• Placed on Special Order Calendar -SJ 00744; Read second time -SJ 00714; Amendment(s) adopted -SJ 00715; Ordered engrossed -SJ 00715
• Read third time -SJ 00754; CS passed as amended; YEAS 31 NAYS 8 -SJ 00755
• In Messages
• Received, referred to Calendar -HJ 01247
• Placed on Special Order Calendar; Read second time -HJ 01311; Amendment(s) adopted -HJ 01312
• Read third time -HJ 01666; Amendment(s) reconsidered, substitute amendment adopted -HJ 01668; Was taken up -HJ 01719; Amendment(s) reconsidered, substitute amendment adopted as further amended -HJ 01721; CS passed as amended; YEAS 112 NAYS 0 -HJ 01721
• In returning messages; Died in returning Messages
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.