CS/HB 93: McKay Scholarships/Disabilities
GENERAL BILL by Bilirakis ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Ambler ; Berfield ; Bogdanoff ; Hukill ; Dick ; Porth ; Sansom ; Waters ; Zapata
McKay Scholarships/Disabilities; revises definition of term "students with disabilities"; revises student eligibility requirements for receipt of scholarship; revises provisions re scholarship funding & payment; provides funding & payment requirements for former Florida School for Deaf & Blind students & for students exiting Juvenile Justice Dept. program. Amends 1002.39.
Last Action: 5/6/2005 Senate - Died in Committee on Education
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
• Referred to Choice & Innovation (EDC); Education Appropriations (FC); Education Council
• Introduced, referred to Choice & Innovation (EDC); Education Appropriations (FC); Education Council -HJ 00018; On Committee agenda-- Choice & Innovation (EDC), 03/08/05, 3:00 pm, 214-C; Favorable with CS amendment by Choice & Innovation (EDC); YEAS 6 NAYS 0 -HJ 00225
• Pending review of CS under Rule 6.3(b)
• Now in Education Appropriations (FC) -HJ 00225
• On Committee agenda-- Education Appropriations (FC), 03/18/05, 9:45 am, 212-K
• Favorable by Education Appropriations (FC); YEAS 16 NAYS 0 -HJ 00256; Now in Education Council -HJ 00256
• On Council agenda-- Education Council, 03/29/05, 3:30 pm, Morris Hall
• Favorable by- Education Council; YEAS 8 NAYS 0 -HJ 00300
• Placed on Calendar -HJ 00300
• Placed on Special Order Calendar; Read second time -HJ 00344; Ordered engrossed -HJ 00345
• Read third time -HJ 00371; Passed as amended; YEAS 111 NAYS 0 -HJ 00371
• In Messages
• Received, referred to Education; Government Efficiency Appropriations; Education Appropriations; Rules and Calendar -SJ 00477
• Died in Committee on Education
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.