CS/SB 2138: Career Educ./Sunshine State Standard
GENERAL BILL by Education ; Baker
Career Educ./Sunshine State Standard; provides for DOE to review said standards for high school; provides purposes; provides duties of DOE re teacher preparation for purpose of ensuring instructional relevance; describes curriculum & provides criteria for implementation & student participation; requires DOE to determine if courses or programs in career education of career & professional academies should be weighted, etc. Creates 1003.416; amends 1006.02,.025.
Last Action: 5/6/2005 Senate - Died in Committee on Commerce and Consumer Services
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
• Introduced, referred to Education; Commerce and Consumer Services; Education Appropriations -SJ 00207
• On Committee agenda-- Education, 04/19/05, 1:30 pm, 110-S -Not considered
• On Committee agenda-- Education, 04/26/05, 8:30 am, 110-S
• CS by Education; YEAS 7 NAYS 0 -SJ 00690; CS read first time on 04/28/05 -SJ 00698
• Now in Commerce and Consumer Services -SJ 00690
• Died in Committee on Commerce and Consumer Services
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.