CS/SB 2278: Private Security Officer/Firearms
GENERAL BILL by Criminal Justice ; Baker ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Jones
Private Security Officer/Firearms; revises types of firearms that security officer is authorized to carry. Amends 493.6115.
Last Action: 5/26/2005 - Approved by Governor; Chapter No. 2005-69
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
• Introduced, referred to Commerce and Consumer Services; Criminal Justice -SJ 00217
• On Committee agenda-- Commerce and Consumer Services, 03/29/05, 2:30 pm, 401-S
• Favorable with 1 amendment(s) by Commerce and Consumer Services; YEAS 7 NAYS 1 -SJ 00319
• Now in Criminal Justice -SJ 00319
• On Committee agenda-- Criminal Justice, 04/12/05, 9:00 am, 37-S
• CS by- Criminal Justice; YEAS 7 NAYS 0 -SJ 00455; CS read first time on 04/14/05 -SJ 00460
• Placed on Calendar, on second reading -SJ 00455
• Placed on Special Order Calendar -SJ 00553
• Placed on Special Order Calendar -SJ 00638; Read second time -SJ 00617
• Read third time -SJ 00669; CS passed; YEAS 35 NAYS 2 -SJ 00669
• In Messages
• Received, referred to Calendar -HJ 01165
• Placed on Special Order Calendar; Substituted for HB 717 -HJ 01229; Read second time -HJ 01229
• Read third time -HJ 01286; CS passed; YEAS 117 NAYS 0 -HJ 01286
• Ordered enrolled -SJ 01075
• Signed by Officers and presented to Governor
• Approved by Governor; Chapter No. 2005-69
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.